Frollo's Bloodline

Written by and copyrighted solely to Shannon ©1997


Chapter 5

On the 24th day of June, Esmeralda presented Zelda with her own pet- A raven. She named him Domen. Domen and Zelda went out to the main walkway of Paris. This was where Clopin was performing. Zeldaand Domen watched Clopin and as the act ended they went up to him.

"Ah, Hello Zelda. Domen." he greeted them warmly.

"Hello Clopin. Wonderful show."

"Thank you" the two parted, as Zelda went to look at the other gypsy acts and Clopin, to prepare for his next show. She herself could hardly wait to be able to perform. She wasn't allowed to now. But soon Clopin and Esmeralda would allow her to be involved. Her first performing day would be the Festival of Fools. As she watched a fire eater, she noticed that Frollo and his guards were coming. Quickly she ran to Clopin.

"Clopin! It's Frollo!"

"What! Hurry! Run to the Court of Miracles!"

And run she did. She was followed by all the other gypsies. Frollo and his guards watched for Frollo's Daughter but they could not find her. But they got another gypsy. A gypsy who would be thrown into Prison. The Key would be thrown away and there this gypsy would rot! As the poor soul was marched to the Palace of Justice (Justice. Ha! That's a laugh) the others made it back. Zelda burst into her soft yellow tent and inhaled deeply. She was very frightened. What if one of them had not made it? What if one had been captured? One person would know. Clopin.

"Clopin! Clopin!" The usually happy man was now the saddest looking man ever. "Clopin whats wrong?"

In a voice barley above a whisper "Esmeralda."

As soon as he said that word off went Zelda. She ran to the Palace of Justice. Once she was there, she flung open the door and marched to the dungeon. There was poor Esmeralda. She was quite a site. He hair was a mess and her dress stained with mud. Her arm had been cut and it had bleed, but It had stopped.

"Esmeralda? I've come to set you free."

Esmeralda raised her head and smiled at theyoung girl. "We gypsies are grateful." Then Esmeralda's eyes went wide as saucers.

"Whats wrong?" Asked Zelda.

"Hello...Zelda." Said a cold voice behind her. Zelda turned to face.....the evil Judge Claude Frollo.

"Let her go Father. If you do.....I'll...I'll...Um....I'll come back to being your daughter!" She cried.

"No! Don't Zelda! Don't!" yelled the gypsy girl behind her.

"I must." came the response.

So Brave Zelda was taken back to her old room. But she would never call it home. And Esmeraldas was set free. She ran to the Court of Miracles. "Clopin! Clopin!" Clopin appeared from his tent. As soon as he saw Esmeralda his worried face turned to the happy one they all knew.

"You escaped! Esmeralda, You Escaped! How! How could you have done this?????"

Esmeralda hated to tell him the truth but she knew she had too.

"Clopin... I wouldn't have escaped if it wasn't for Zelda..."

"Zelda? Oh, where is she? I have to thank her!"

"No, No! Thats just it." Continued Esmeralda "She...Traded spots with me. She's in Frollo's grasp now and- Clopin? Clopin? Clopin Don't."

Once more Clopin's face had taken the look of steel. Without a word he stalked to the stables and saddled his horse. Then he rode out of the Court of Miracles and into Paris. He stopped when he saw that Frollo's Home was heavily guarded. Clopin could not get through. But he had to. Clopin discovered a way to the main dungeon window. As he looked inside, his breath suddenly stopped. Zelda was....Not in there!?! Then where was she? For days Clopin would watch for only a sign of the girl. But nothing ever came. Then one horrible, horrible morning, Clopin was creeping to the window, but he wasn't quiet enough. A large guard snuck up behind him and wacked him on the head. In one strike, Clopin was unconscious.

To be continued.....

Back to Chapter 4

On to Chapter 6