Frollo's Bloodline

Written By and copyrighted solely to Shannon ©1997


Chapter 6

As Clopin's mind cleared he heard a voice. It was cruel and taunting, it slashed through the air as it said "Look Father. The Jester is awake. " Then he relized who it was.

"Zelda? What has he done?"

For the happy carefree gypsy was no longer alive. Her hair had lost it's blonde streaks, her eyes, now cold and dull. She worn a gray dress with a black ribbon through her hair. And the worst part??

"The Earring!" cried the imprisoned gypsy. "Where is it?"

"It no longer exists! Like you will be soon." She said with a sneer.

ThenClopin fell into blackness. When he awoke, Zelda was no longer there. Instead the sinister Judge stood there, making sure Clopin did not escape. "You monster! What have you done to her?!" Clopin was ready to tear Frollo apart.

Frollo just smiled and said one sentence that made Clopin's blood run cold. "Once a gypsy-hating girl, Always a gypsy-hating girl." Then he left.

Clopin spent a week in that cell. Zelda came to torment him. She no longer called him Clopin. Now it was always Jester (something Clopin couldn't stand), and he slowly saw that she wasn't a gypsy. No longer did she sing, smile or dance.

Then one day she came to Clopin. "Say good-bye. You are now to be hung...." and as she spoke guards hauled him away to the rope. The gypsies had gathered to see what they would do to Clopin. As he was brought to the stand, the gypsies found that they had to save him. They stormed the area and set Clopin free. Seeing that he would come for her, Zelda ran through a dark ally. But having longer legs than she did, Clopin soon came to her side. He grabbed both her wrists and with his other hand reached for the dagger he always wore on his belt.

"What are you going to do Jester? Kill me?" asked  Zelda in terror.

"I can't kill you." Clopin told her coldly, As he raised the dagger into the air. Then he brought it down on her arm, cutting into her flesh. Zelda screamed and then fainted from the pain and the shock. Clopin then left her there. But as he ran to the Court of Miracles, he soon came to reality. He couldn't leave her there. He returned to the Ally and picked her up. Then he carried her to his tent. As he walked in he saw that Esmeralda was waiting for him.

"Clopin! What happened to Zelda?" Clopin wouldn't answer her. The girl was limp and was still bleeding. Clopin put her down and then rushed out. But as he did......His dagger fell off his belt. (I know, that was a dumb move) As Esmeralda picked it up she saw that there was blood still on it. It matched the hue of Zelda's blood.

"Oh......No....." Zelda then Awoke.

"Where's Clopin! I'll kill him! I really will!"

Esmeralda held her back. "Clopin isn't here. He went to yell at people. Did Clopin cut you?"

"Yes! That's why I want to kill him. But don't worry. I'll get him back, Wait and see...." She cut her dress and tied her arm as she spoke. Then when he arm was bandaged, out the tent door she ran. Right intoClopin.

"You wait" she hissed into his ear. "Frollo will soon have your precious Court of Miracles." Then she ran to the Palace of Justice. Clopin followed her and soon stopped at his puppet tent. The he felt apoint pushed into his back. He gasped. "Say good-bye...Gypsy Trash!"

Frollo raised his sword and..."Let him go!"

Together Frollo and Clopin looked up....to the top of the puppet cart. There with a gleaming sword, gleaming eyes...and a gleaming gold earring was Zelda. "Leave, Frollo!"

Clopin took this advantage to grabbing Frollo's sword. Frollo rode his horse away, and Clopin lifted his face to hers.

"HiClopin." she said nervously. His eyes changed from cold to warm. "Get down, Silly" He lifted her down and together they walked back to the Court of Miracles.

T

H

End! Well, how was that? I thank all that read this and I thank all those that e-mail me more. =) Here it is: maple_the_bear@hotmail.comwrite me, and tell me what U thought.

Maybe I'll write another.

Thanx! ~Shannon~

Back to Chapter 5