Frollo's Bloodline

Written by and copyrighted solely to Shannon ©1997


Chapter Four

Esmeralda spoke with Clopin about what they would do with Zelda.

"Clopin, We can't let her go back to Frollo! He would distroy her!"

"If he does then I'll mur-" "Clopin!"

"Sorry. But you are right. She must stay here. I have already proven her worthy of being a gypsy."

"You have! Oh good. Because I've been making a dancing dress for her. The black rags she's wearing now would never let her live here"

"Where is she?"

"She's in my tent, fast asleep."

"oh, good."

Then they left and soon Esmeralda was asleep. Clopin came in too see Zelda. There she was, sound asleep, with Djali sleeping right at the bottom of her bed. (I guess he had decided to watch over her, like a dog) So, Clopin made sure that all the gypsies were sleeping, before he, too went to his tent.

The next morning Esmeralda gave Zelda the dress. It was beautiful. It was of the most deepest of green with a spring of yellow here and there. The shirt was exactly like Esmeralda's. After thanking them she ran off to put it on. She looked beautiful. Then Clopin gave her the gold earring that all gypsies wore. She thanked him and then she ran out of the tent, and out into the streets of Paris.

"She was happy." remarked Clopin.

"Of course she is. Now she's home" Said Esmeralda.

Meanwhile Zelda had run to the bell tower to see Quasimodo. But by some sick twist of fate, this was the morning that Frollo "Stopped By" to give Quasi his lessons. But of course, Zelda didn't know that. "Quasi, Quasi! I'm a gypsy now! Isn't that wonderful!" She cried as she ran the steps. Frollo spit out his drink when he heard her voice say that.

"No! Zelda, go back!" Quasi tried to warn her, but Frollo was already running down the stairs to meet her.

"Quasimodo? Is that you?" she heard the foot steps on the stairs.

"Oh no, it's just me" Muttered Frollo. At the first site of Frollo, Zelda broke into a run. But she wasn't used to bare feet and soon she tripped. But she got back up and ran to the forest. All the way she kept screaming "Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" But soon she was over taken.

"Get back here!" Yelled Frollo!

Zelda had just enough energy to run to where Esmeralda was performing. As soon as she saw the trouble she rushed down from the platform, where she had been dancing, and after them. Drawing the tiny dagger she kept, she threw it at the judge. It hit him in the shoulder. He fell and yelled in pain.

Esmeralda grabbed Zelda's hand and rushed her to the tent of Clopin. "Clopin! Clopin!" Yelled Esmeralda!

Clopin rushed into the tent and saw an amazing site. Zelda had fallen to the floor and would not get up.

"Oh, No!" But it was only a fainting spell (Thank God) and soon she was back to health. That was the day she received her own dagger.

To be continued.....

Back to Chapter 3

On to Chapter 5