Frollo's Bloodline

Written by and copyrighted solely to Shannon ©1997


Chapter Two

Clopin slept uneasily that night. All he could think of was how...how.... It was then that Clopin relized that they had no idea about this girl. He wondered about her. What was her name, What was her age, How did she learn to sign were the first ones to pop into his head. But the most important question was how she had become wounded. "If Frollo did hurt her then it's no wonder she wants to join us. Since I have already heard her sing and since I think she is worthy of becoming one of us, then she will be a gypsy." These were his last thoughts as he went to sleep. In the bell tower sleeping wasn't so easy ether.

"Why did you run from Frollo?" Asked Quasimodo.

"If you had heard over and over again how rotten gypsies were when you knew they were kind and truthful then you'd run too." she said.

"What is your name?"

"The girl said in a hushed voice. "Zelda. I was named after my mother. I'm 18 years old and I believe that gypsies are wonderful people"

But there was a question that lingered in Quasimodo's mind. "How-When- Your hand. Why is it cut so badly?"

The girl stared at her feet and soon said: "It was a few nights ago. My Father and I were having dinner and then I asked him why he thought Gypsies were so bad. He said because they were evil people witches and awful. I told him he was wrong and we started to argue and he pushed he had I landed near a letter opener and I cut my hand. It was awful." Quasimodo was silent. Then Zelda continued "You must never tell anyone this. Especially Clopin!"

Quasimodo chuckled. "speaking of Clopin, he seems quite nice to you. I think he likes you."

"He does not!" She cried.

"Don't worry. Go to sleep."

And sleep she did. But it was obvious that some people wouldn't get to sleep at all. Like Judge Frollo. All he had done was walk into her room and saw a note on her dresser. This is what it said:

Father

I have left this place and am now a gypsy.

~Zelda~

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

To be continued.....

Back to Chapter 1

On to Chapter 3